|Editor’s Summary: Edify is a company which is developing some of the most amazing next-level communications tech on the market and the founders have shown vision and execution. Moreover, they have coupled great tech with great perks and benefits – making it a great workplace to consider. There are opportunities for personal growth, leadership looks to you to vocalize your ideas, there are great training opportunities, medical benefits, a focus on community service and worker satisfaction.|
|Intro: Candidates gravitate to Edify because of our unique product, the opportunity they have to impact the creation of our product in their role, the other people who work here, and our benefits package.|
- What they will be responsible for with Edify
- Level of experience / industry related experience
- Candidates pay expectation
We believe in helping our people advance by helping them grow their skills and capabilities so they are ready to take on new responsibilities and roles. For example, our team members act as peer mentors to new hires (creating the opportunity for them to learn and practice leadership, managerial, and coaching skills). People are also given the opportunity to act as subject experts for other departments, which enhances overall company collaboration and knowledge sharing within the company, while giving individuals the time to hone speaking and presentation skills.
For Current Employees, the special training opportunities include:
- Monthly webinar series hosted by a training-team leader as well as a company leader that covers industry or product information
- On-demand access to an interactive online community that’s filled with industry leaders and professionals sharing tips and tricks specific to an employee’s role or interests and a place where employees can post his/her own questions
- On-demand resources are available to all employees through our all-company intranet, called The Green Room, a centralized location for each department to post news, information, and resources to help people work better and collaborate.
For New Employees, the training opportunities include:
- Multi-week, blended onboarding program that covers industry and product-specific topics through eLearning, live check-ins, and project-based assignments.
We cover 100% of the cost of health insurance for all employees and their dependents, including vision and dental. We also contribute monthly to a health savings account and also promote mental health with our corporate Headspace account.
Community service/charitable causes:
Yes, we have created a program, Connections, which is our culture committee. It is a volunteer-based group of employees who organize employee volunteer opportunities, team building events and initiatives, and more. This group also leads our SAC (Social Action Committee), which is focused on listening, learning, understanding, embracing, committing and participating in causes that matter to the company.
Tools we use to understand team member satisfaction include quarterly surveys, with each survey having an additional section targeting any specific issues we might be facing, such as COVID, DEI, etc.
As stated earlier, we really want to create a culture and environment that people enjoy and want to be a part of. So in addition to focusing on professional advancement opportunities and fostering personal growth, we try to make life fun! Some of the ways we do this include:
- Having a masseuse comes to the office
- Offering Edifitness
- Throwing office Happy Hours
- Sponsoring team lunches
- Organizing a Speaker Series
- Open floor plan
- Snacks and beverages when needed
- Various workstation options; personal desk, kitchen, conference rooms, call booths
- The view in SM
We make sure to monitor PTO and if no PTO is logged within the previous few months, the person is contacted and encouraged to take time. Leadership and managers are encouraged to encourage their people to take advantage of PTO as a way to ensure people have the time to rest and recharge.
Creative meeting places:
We’re a relatively new company so give us more time to expand this list, but we have held a company meeting/event at Top Golf.
We try to encourage our people to enjoy coming to work and want the environment we create for them to be welcoming and flexible and fun too. When we are in the office, we routinely host lunch and keep our kitchens stocked with lunch items, snacks, and beverages. We also offer reimbursement for phones, gym memberships, and similar amenities.
How corporate vision is communicated:
We share our big picture vision through company meetings where leadership speaks to our people (and offer the opportunity to ask questions), our Talking Points initiatives (we share bi-weekly brief updates via email so everyone knows what is happening in all other departments), and our ThirstE Thursdays program (our learning team’s internal education initiative).
The ways that we encourage diversity across the board include our DEI initiative, a structured interview process that focuses on the skill sets we’re looking for, we have a Culture fit Evaluation that is a search for a cultural
addition, and Interview teams are challenged with their reasonings for rejecting/accepting underrepresented candidates.
Our company value – Empowerment – is where we encourage people to effect change. Our founders, Cameron and Bracken, along with the rest of our Leadership encourage us all to vocalize our ideas. It’s part of our culture.
We love celebrating our team members and recognize them internally via Internally Talking Points, emails and chat. And externally we leverage social media for this too.
We ask questions, provide employees many hats, and encourage decision making because decisions need to be made every single day.
The scheduling options we typically offer unlimited PTO and flexible telecommuting. And now, during COVID, we are all embracing WFH and depending on the recommendations, employees can go into the office (following all safety guidelines) if they choose.
Throughout the pandemic, there have been several initiatives that we have put into place to address culture and morale, including:
- Communication through email, biweekly company newsletter, company meetings
- Monthly zoom happy hours and group activities and a virtual celebrations of Edifurian of the Month
- Professional development opportunities (employees can receive $100 reimbursement for professional development courses/virtual conferences/etc of their choice)
- Access to the Headspace app for mental health
- Enhanced concern for every employee’s safety and health: we put everyone’s health and wellbeing first, sent the whole company home overnight, and have reopened subject to partial occupancy and a host of conditions and precautions and processes
We truly believe that fostering a person’s individual development will help them bring their best to Edify. So we encourage them to hone their professional skills, we want them to take the time they need to rest and focus on their personal lives. And overall, we work incredibly hard to create a culture where people feel supported and valued for their individual contributions.
|Closing company statements: Startups have their own ethos, speed, energy. You have to know what you’re signing up for. For some people, startups fuel their drive and others get burnt out quickly. You have to have that fire in the belly to grow something and that is the type of individual we look to bring onto our team because we know we can give them the opportunity to thrive and they in turn will help drive the future of Edify.|